As the fall collections roll out (I’ll admit it, I’m excited), and the days start to noticeably shorten; as the back to school supplies hit the shelves and much to their chagrin, we begin mentioning to our kids that’s school will be starting again soon, it’s easy to forget that it’s still summer – at least for a little while longer here in Montreal.
To remind myself of this, I broke out my white Bermudas from Addition Elle, and 3/4 length sleeve, white blazer from Torrid, this weekend. I’d been waiting to wear them so my best friend’s baby shower on Saturday was the perfect occasion!
I paired the pieces with this lovely ombré, ruffled tank top, my trusty nude, T-strap flats, a vintage Berma Paris snakeskin clutch (circa 1975), my gold bangles, pretty stud earrings and a transparent, iridescent chain link necklace from Forever 21 that matched beautifully with the colours in my top.
This outfit was the perfect reminder that summer hasn’t ended yet, and as much fun as it is to start planning fall outfits, it’s better not to wish your life away, but rather to live in the moment sometimes, and get every little bit of pleasure from life in, while you can!
Well! Thank you to the beautiful and very fashionable Anna Blomqvist’s Closet for nominating me for this Liebster Award! It has taken me a minute to get around to working on this post, but here it is!!!
Here’s a quick summary of the award: (taken from Anna)
- This award is given to bloggers usually with followings of less than 500 or 1,000 readers
- There’s a number of bloggers you’re supposed to nominate, I’ve seen this range from 5 – 11. I’m going to do 5
- In accepting this award you must answer the questions the blogger that nominated you wrote and then write 10 more of your own for your nominees to answer
- Link back to the person that nominated you so they can see your answers
- Have fun with it! Be proud of this award! It’s meant to not only grow your followers, but connect the blogging community
Here are the 10 questions I’ve been asked to answer:
1. What is your favorite piece of clothing?
Well, I would have to say that I don’t think I could go through life without black leggings. They always make me feel sexy and I can wear them just about everywhere, depending of how I dress them. My black leggings are definitely my favorite staple. But, if we’re talking favorite piece overall, right now, it’s my turquoise blue, leopard print dress, from Monif C. as featured in one of my recent posts. I can’t get enough of this dress! It’s perfect!
2. An accessory you can’t live without?
Definitely, if I had to chose, it would be my gold bangles. I am always wearing some sort of bracelet, but my gold bangles are my babies!!!
3. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
About 25 pairs, that I actually wear. Maybe a handful more that I just keep for sentimental reasons.
(Revision – I’ve now, actually counted them while attempting to organize my closet and the total number is 43. So, I was a little off. Oops!)
4. Favorite clothing shop?
Do I really have to choose!? Haha. Well, I love, love, LOVE Monif C. as far as online shopping goes. And when I’m in the mood to go to an actual physical store (although they do sell online as well), my favorite, go-to place is Addition Elle.
5. Favorite lingerie line?
I would call it more of a lingerie shop rather than an actual collection by one designer. I adore Hips & Curves! I can always find something there to spice things up a little, if you know what I mean! Haha.
6. Where do you live?
I live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It’s such a beautiful city with such rich history and multiculturalism, and I’m so lucky to call it home!
7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I’m currently working towards developing a clothing line of my own, and I’m hoping that in five years, that should be up and running and with luck, thriving!!! I still plan to be blogging as well!
8. Do you follow the Olympics?
I do! I’m a Canadian girl, so needless to say, I follow Olympic hockey the most, but I love seeing all of the talented athletes from all over the world come together to celebrate excellence in their sport!
9. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
I have quite a few, but since my blog focusses on plus size style, I will give you my biggest style pet peeve. Cap sleeves!!! Now, don’t get me wrong, they look gorgeous on some ladies, but on me, they make my already, not-so-dainty upper arms look even bigger and I’ve just never been able to feel comfortable in them.
10. Favorite country you’ve visited?
If any of you read my post from a little while ago, titled “Haiti Cherie” you know that my favorite place to visit is Haiti. My husband was born and raised there and it is where the majority of his family still resides. It is such a beautiful country, with an even more beautiful people and from the first time I visited, it felt like home.
Here are the lovely ladies I nominate:
I’d also like to give honorable mention to EverydayQuirkyGirl, who was nominated alongside me, and who’s blog I also enjoy very much!
If you choose to accept this award, here are your questions:
- Have you discovered anything about yourself, or overcome any personal obstacles through blogging?
- How would you describe your style?
- Heels or flats?
- What is your favorite comfort food?
- What is your favorite style era?
- If you could describe yourself in three words, what would they be?
- What article of makeup could you not live without?
- What do your sexiest pair of panties look like? (Ooh la la!)
- Do you think plus sized women are properly represented by the media?
- When you look back on your style over the years, is there a look you’ve worn that you’re embarrassed to admit to now?
So… Congratulations to all the beautiful ladies I’ve nominated! I truly hope you all accept because you are all amazing! I love your blogs and I’d love to hear your answers, so don’t forget to link Flight of the Fat Girl back in your post so I can see what you’ve all come up with! I’m looking forward to your responses!!! Also, thank you, once more to Anna Blomqvist for nominationg me. I feel truly honored!